What is the 2020 Kia Optima Gas Mileage?
The 2020 Kia Optima mpg makes it the perfect choice for your Mehlville and Fenton drives, and you don’t just have to take our word for it. The official specs are in, and for the new year, the Kia Optima gas mileage tops out at 27 mpg city / 37 mpg highway, according to EPA estimates.
Finding a new Kia Optima with great fuel economy is far from difficult, but we here at Suntrup Kia South want to make it even easier! Compare all of the available Kia Optima engines below.
Kia Optima MPG & Engines
- Kia Optima LX
- 185-hp 2.4L 4-Cylinder
- EPA-estimated 25 mpg city / 35 mpg highway
- Kia Optima S
- 185-hp 2.4L 4-Cylinder
- EPA-estimated 24 mpg city / 32 mpg highway
- Kia Optima EX & EX Premium
- 178-hp 1.6L 4-Cylinder w/ Turbocharger
- EPA-estimated 27 mpg city / 37 mpg highway
- Kia Optima SX
- 245-hp 2.0L 4-Cylinder w/ Turbocharger
- EPA-estimated 21 mpg city / 30 mpg highway
Although many of the available Kia Optima mpg ratings remain unchanged from the year before, the optimized 1.6-Liter turbocharged engine has made this model more efficient than ever! The 2020 model also includes a new 18.5-gallon fuel tank, so you can go farther with fewer pit stops as you drive around Oakville.
Fuel-Saving Features in the New Optima
A full suite of powerful, efficient engines helps to distinguish the Kia Optima from its competitors, but these aren’t the only features that set it apart! You’ll also receive each of the following:
- Kia Optima Transmissions
- Depending on the model you choose, you’ll either receive a 6-speed automatic transmission or a 7-speed dual-clutch transmission. The latter comes standard on the EX and EX Premium trim levels to push the Kia Optima gas mileage even higher.
- Smart Cruise Control with Stop & Go
- Cruise control can help to conserve fuel by limiting unnecessary accelerating and braking. In select Kia Optima trim levels, Smart Cruise Control with Stop & Go maximizes the benefits of this feature, even in traffic!
- Available Hybrid Configurations
- In 2020, the Kia Optima is offered as a Hybrid, or as an even more efficient Plug-In Hybrid! With the former configuration, you’ll enjoy up to 42 mpg in combined city/highway settings. With the new Plug-In version, you’ll have an all-electric range of up to 28 miles, and up to 101 MPGe.
Get Behind the Wheel at Suntrup Kia South!
If you really want to know what the Kia Optima gas mileage can do to improve your daily drives, you’ve got to get behind the wheel! Visit us in St. Louis to put any of our new Kia Optima models to the test! Contact us or call us at (314) 356-9388 to spend some time in the driver’s seat.
Ready to learn more? Check out the 2020 Kia Optima safety ratings! Curious about how the Optima stacks up against the competition? Closely compare the Kia Optima vs. Honda Accord with Suntrup Kia South. Hoping to save even more on your monthly costs? Claim your Kia Optima lease deals today!
More About Kia Model Features
For Oakville drivers in the market for a spacious and capable SUV, loaded with amenities and high-tech features, the 2020 Kia Telluride is a must-see. This formidable SUV is a sight on any Mehlville street, with an elegant yet rugged exterior that commands respect on every trip. Combine that with the surprisingly affordable Kia Telluride…
If you’re a St. Louis driver on the hunt for a new family-oriented vehicle with enough room and features to keep everybody happy— you’re in the right place. The 2020 Kia Telluride interior with best-in-class midsize SUV passenger volume and advanced tech will make every ride throughout Oakville more comfortable and convenient than ever. Read on…
St. Louis drivers are well aware of the stylish appearance and exciting features of the new 2020 Kia Soul, but what is maybe not quite as obvious are the impressive Kia Soul gas mileage specifications that make this versatile SUV very competitive within its segment of the market. Explore Soul fuel economy numbers before making your…
The new 2020 Kia Telluride offers the interior space and comfort features to take your Oakville commute to the next level. With four different Kia Telluride configurations to choose from, there is the perfect Telluride available for any driver on any budget. The Kia Telluride interior offers seating for up to eight and offers powerful…
When browsing the market for a new vehicle, one of the most important things to consider is a vehicle’s safety ratings. If you want an affordable, reliable, and safe ride, a new 2020 Kia Optima is a great option. The Kia Optima safety rating will offer you peace of mind as you make your way…