2019 Kia Sorento Towing Capacity
The 2019 Kia Sorento Towing Capacity ranges between 2,000 and 5,000 pounds depending on your chosen trim level, and a suite of sophisticated performance features ensure capable towing performance regardless of road type or weather condition.
Sorento Base Engine Towing Capacity
2019 Kia Sorento L and LX models come fitted as standard with a 2.4L DOHC 16-valve I-4 engine with electronically controlled 6-speed automatic. Specs for this engine include:
- 2,000 pound towing capacity
- Standard front-wheel drive
- 185 hp and 178 lb-ft of torque
Sorento Upgraded Engine Towing Capacity
The available 3.3L DOHC 24-valve V6 comes fitted as standard with 2019 Kia Sorento LX V6, EX V6, SX, and SX Limited trim levels. Paired to an electronically controlled 8-speed automatic transmission. Specs for this engine include:
- 290 hp and 252 lb-ft of torque.
- Up to 3,500 lbs. with FWD.
- Up to 5,000 lbs. with AWD.
Sorento Towing Features
The Kia Sorento looks to more than capable power to tow up to 5,000 lbs. Further towing features include:
- Fully-Active Dynamax™ All-Wheel-Drive (AWD): Monitors road and driving conditions to ensure performance remains optimal through every journey. Whether driving during rainstorms in Oakville or across off-road trails around Fenton, you can count on dependable all-wheel traction.
- Locking Center Differential: A driver-activated locking center differential delivers added low-speed traction when facing poor road conditions, perfect when you’re towing heavy.
- Torque Vectoring Cornering Control (TVCC): Input sensors detect unwanted under-steer during cornering to maintain vehicle stability even when you’re pulling a laden trailer.
You’ll also have the benefits of standard safety features, including: Brake Assist System, Vehicle Stability Management, Traction Control System, Electronic Stability Control, Hill Start Assist Control, and Electronic Brake-Force Distribution.
Count on the 2019 Kia Sorento for Exceptional Towing Performance
While rival SUVs like the Chevy Equinox top out at 3,500 pounds of towing or the Honda Pilot that offers 1,500 pounds of towing, the new Kia Sorento boasts the brawn and brains to haul everything you need. To find out more, learn about Sorento lease deals, or to experience the Sorento interior and its 3rd-row seating in person on a test drive, feel free to contact us today or visit Suntrup Kia South, your Oakville-area Kia dealership.
More About Kia Sorento Features
The more the merrier! That’s why Oakville drivers on the market for a reliable SUV with plenty of room for passengers should check out the Kia Sorento. This model offers third-row of seating for a maximum of seven passengers to fit comfortably. And, while this popular sports utility vehicle surely has enough room for the…
Shopping for an SUV in the Oakville area that offers a comfortable cabin loaded with safety and technology features? You’ll find all that and more with the 2019 Kia Sorento interior. Take a look at the spacious dimensions with customizable storage options, as well as standard and available features to help you enjoy your ride….
The 2019 Kia Sorento Towing Capacity ranges between 2,000 and 5,000 pounds depending on your chosen trim level, and a suite of sophisticated performance features ensure capable towing performance regardless of road type or weather condition. 2019 Sorento Info Contact Us New Sorento Inventory Sorento Base Engine Towing Capacity 2019 Kia Sorento L and LX models…